We offer a 6 month warranty on our Computer Packages – double the industry standard of 90 days!
During the 6 month warranty period if you have a problem with your computer, simply ring our free call number on 1800 112 205 and discuss what’s happening with our staff. If they cannot get to the bottom of it, you will be issued a Return Merchandise Authorisation number (RMA) so you can return the item to our workshop in Sydney, NSW.
We use a ‘Back to Base’ repair model meaning return freight costs are at your own expense. There are 2 options:
- We can dispatch a courier to collect your computer or
- You can send it yourself through Australia Post to us
- If you return any goods to us via Australia Post, we strongly recommend you insure your parcel for damage or loss
Important – Please note
- We will not accept returns that do have the RMA clearly marked on the outside of the package
- We reserve the right to Repair or Replace your item so if possible, we highly recommend you back up your data before returning your computer to us. We take every precaution but do not guarantee your data can be recovered.
- Under warranty, we cover the freight cost to return the item and will advise you once it’s ready to be dispatched with shipping details
Our Computer Package 6 month warranty terms and conditions
Subject to the terms and conditions set out above and below, WorkVentures agrees to repair or replace at our cost the Computer Package hardware (the Product) and any accessories supplied with it. If the Product purchased by you does not perform in accordance with your purchased specifications during the Warranty period of six (6) months from date of delivery, WorkVentures reserves the right to replace the Product with the same or equivalent Product, rather than repair it. Our repair policy is ‘Back to Base’ meaning you are responsible for the costs of shipping the defective unit back to us in the Sydney metro area.
Our Lenovo spare parts 25 day warranty terms and conditions
Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, WorkVentures agrees
- To replace at our cost or refund (less freight costs) the Lenovo spare part(s) purchased if the Parts do not perform in accordance with Lenovo’s specifications during the Warranty period of twenty five (25) days from date of delivery
- WorkVentures reserves the right to replace the Part with the same or equivalent Part or to refund the cost less freight costs
- Our repair policy is ‘Back to Base’ meaning you are responsible for the costs of shipping the defective unit back to us in the Sydney metro area
General exclusions and limitations
To the full extent permitted by NSW law, the Warranty will not apply:
- If the computer Product or Part has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with instructions or specifications
- If the applied serial number has been altered or removed from the computer Product
- To damage, malfunction or failure resulting from:
- alterations or additions to the Product
- accident, misuse, abuse, fire, or any form of spillage
- mis-adjustment of customer controls
- use on incorrect voltage, power surges and dips or voltage problems
- thunderstorm activity or acts of God
- tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons
- use of defective or incompatible accessories
- damage caused by a computer virus of any kind
- exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions
- entry by insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product
- any damage from any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by WorkVentures and its Connect IT production partners
- replacement of any lost parts or accessories
WorkVentures Connect IT and its production partners will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to (1) third party hardware or software, or (2) programs, data or information stored on any media or any part of the computer Product or Part, no matter how occurring or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage.
The aggregate liability of WorkVentures and its Connect IT production partners in respect of all claims under the Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the computer Product or Part or, at our option, the cost of replacing the computer Product or Part.
WorkVentures and its Connect IT production partners exclude all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings, whether expressed or implied.
Battery life naturally diminishes with age and use. WorkVentures tests batteries in our refurbished computers to ensure they’ll provide power for at least 30 minutes. Customers who require extended battery life should consider purchasing a new battery with their laptop which is guaranteed for 30 days from date of purchase.
Damage in transit
Customers must report any physical damage in transit or missing items within 2 days of delivery. Any subsequent reports of damage will be the responsibility of the customer.
WorkVentures offers refunds under the following conditions:
Refund requests prior to despatch
Customers may cancel their order at any time before their computer Product or Part is dispatched from our warehouse. In the event that an order is cancelled, all payments will be refunded to the customer less an Administration fee of $20.
Refund requests after despatched
Within seven (7) days of delivery, customers may contact WorkVentures to return their computer Product or Part. Once all components are returned, including the Microsoft product keys, WorkVentures will issue a refund *. WorkVentures will not refund the cost of freight for couriering the computer Product or Part to and/or from the customer.
In the event of a major fault within the warranty period, customers may choose to receive a full refund rather than waiting for their computer Product to be repaired. A major fault includes:
- A defect that cannot be fixed by our workshop within five (5) business days (excluding transit time), or
- Equipment that is unsafe.
Once all components are returned, including the Microsoft product keys, WorkVentures will test the computer to confirm there is a fault. If the fault is confirmed then a refund will be issued. If no fault is found or the fault is not covered by WorkVentures’ warranty, arrangements will be made to return the computer to the customer. There will be an Administration fee in addition to the freight costs for returning a computer to a customer if no fault was found.
Customers requesting a refund should contact WorkVentures Call Centre on freecall 1800 112 205.
It may take up to 10 business days for the refund request to be processed once all items have been received at our facility.
* Note: where items such as the monitor or Microsoft Product Keys are missing, the refund amount may be reduced